Thursday, March 26, 2009

May 15th..will be a Green Day..is that a pun?

Well, I've been waiting five years for a new Green Day album and here we are. A date is officially set for May 15th of this year. I am definitely looking forward to that.
I'm gonna start by saying that American Idiot came out in 2004, when I was 14, just starting high school, and looking for the foundation of my music tastes. It was through AI that I was able to dive deeper in to the gold mine that is the Green Day library. I now own all but one of their albums, and plan on buying 21st Century Breakdown the day it comes out.
Oh, what's that immediate Green Day haters? Yes, the title is 21st Century Breakdown and it is another punk-rock opera that is stuffed with love songs about living in a post George W. Bush America.
Oh, whats that? They already wrote an album about Mr. Bush? So I've heard. I also heard that it sold 12 million copies and won them a couple of Grammy's. Or is success a bad thing?
Honestly, did you really think Billie-Joe who is pushing 40 was going to to back to writing about teen angst? Don't get me wrong, I love Kerplunk and Dookie, but American Idiot and now 21st Century Breakdown show PROGRESSION! Which is what any band who wants to survive in this shit of what we call an industry today needs. And the boys of Green Day are no morons, they know not you don't fix it if it isn't broken.
I've heard some samples from this album and it leans towards American Idiot part 2.
So, I have no complaints due to the fact that I can listen to that genius album from track one to track 13. (Yes, that's all of them).
I don't mind a revamped AI as long as it shows more progression. Take a listen to the link for this leaked song before you judge anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment