Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Halloween II? New Rob Zombie album?

Alright, if someone asked you which you would rather have a new CD or a new movie, which one would you pick. That's basically the dilemma I have with Rob Zombie's current situation. Luckily, with some patience, we can have both.

Rob has clearly been working his ass off for the past year, releasing Zombie Live (his first solo live album) and Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (the end all collection of White Zombie material). ON top of that, Zombie has reportedly finished recording his new album and it is ready to go. There is just one problem: Halloween II.
As most horror fans know, Zombie was recruited to work on the new revamping of the Halloween franchise. In my opinion, I enjoy Zombie's original work (Devils' Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) much better. Although the movie was a remake, it lived up to my expectations. It was not bad at all and was actually very enjoyable. Zombie's decision to take a closer look into the early life of Michael Meyers was a genius move, clearly the idea of a horror veteran. Zombie clearly knows his genre well and should take Halloween II, a notoriously grizzlier movie than the first, and out his own special touch on it. As always, I look for a familiar cast that Zombie uses with Sid Haig and Bill Mosley. Although his real life wife Sheri Moon's character, Michael's mother, killed herself in the first Halloween, I could see a potential place for Mrs. Meyers in the second.
Sadly, Zombie's new album, which was scheduled for release, has been pushed back. As an avid White and Rob Zombie fan, I am incredibly disappointed that we will not see the album until filming on Halloween II is finished. According to Zombie, "The record’s done and sitting on the shelf waiting to come out, but I don’t want to put it out while I’m shooting Halloween II because I can’t deal with it too much."
Although the album has been pushed back, the movie is slated to be released in August of 2009. So, filming for the movie should not take too long. I would like to see the album in late spring or early summer of this year. Imagine the months when we have a new Zombie record, a new Zombie movie, and possibly a summer Zombie tour? The Halloween II Tour? Ha ha I would personally love to see that.
I'm sure every horror fan, as well as Rob Zombie fan is looking forward to what Rob Zombie will do with Halloween II, as well as Zombie's upcoming new CD...and hopefully a tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment